Valentine’s Day Breakfast Parfait
¾ cup non-fat strawberry yogurt
¼ cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
1 cup sliced strawberries + 2 whole strawberries
¾ cup low-fat granola type cereal, such as Kashi Go-lean crunch or Grape Nuts
- In a clear dessert, parfait, or champagne glass, spoon 3 tablespoons strawberry yogurt into the bottom of each glass. Top with 1-2 tablespoons sliced strawberries. Layer 2 tablespoons cereal on top of the strawberries.
- For the next set of layers, spoon 2 tablespoons vanilla yogurt on top of the cereal. Repeat the strawberry and cereal layer.
- For the final layers, spoon 3 tablespoons strawberry yogurt on top of the cereal. Repeat the strawberry and cereal layer.
- Top each glass with a whole strawberry.
Calories per serving: ~160
Banana Pudding Parfait
1 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
1 ¼ cups skim milk
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 package sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 large ripe banana, thinly sliced
½ cup low-fat vanilla wafers, crushed
¼ cup non-fat whipped topping
- Mix yogurt, milk, vanilla, pudding, and nutmeg together, until well blended.
- Evenly divide mixture into the bottom of 4 wine goblets or parfait glasses.
- Top each glass with banana slices.
- Layer 1/8 cup of crushed wafers across the top of each glass. Try to evenly cover the bananas to prevent discoloration.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of whipped topping.
Calories per serving: ~125
Leave a comment