Contrary to what most people think, many foods can actually help you lose weight. If you’re struggling to shed pounds or if you’re close to your goal and need that extra boost, then the next section is for you. In it, I outline several food choices that can help by a) filling you up so you feel satisfied, b) steadying your blood sugar to stave off cravings, and c) stimulating your metabolism so that you burn calories faster.
- Cereals like Kashi Go Lean are high in fiber and have a low glycemic index (GI) (which means that they raise blood sugar levels relatively slowly after eating). Foods with a low GI can help curb mid-morning snacking by helping you to feel full for longer.
- Low fat dairy products can also help you lose weight. Studies conducted at the University of Tennessee show that getting your daily dose of calcium-rich low fat milk (at least three 8-ounce glasses a day ) turns up your body’s fat burning ability.
- Apples are a good source of pectin, a soluble fiber that provides bulk and digests slowly, helping you to feel full.
- Black Beans are low in fat and packed with tons of fiber (15g/cup) which fills you up and takes longer to digest so you feel fuller longer and are less likely to have those uncontrollable cravings.
- Chile Peppers contain a chemical called capsaicin which has been shown to boost your body’s ability to burn fat and curb your appetite. Surprise!
Leave a comment