Another important component for people who are trying to lose weight is variety, according to the Consumer Reports best-diets survey. Here are some suggestions for varying some of the staples in your summertime supper menus:
Quick Fix Options:
- Healthy Chicken Parmesan: Use the Perdue low-fat breaded chicken cutlet with 1/4 cup low-fat tomato sauce and 1/4 cup low-fat shredded cheese. Serve over 1 cup steamed spinach.
- Casual Gourmet low fat chicken sausages: Use 2 sausages and stir fry with chopped onions, peppers, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Serve over a toasted 90- calorie wheat pita pocket.
- One Lean Pocket Ultra Line: Add 2 cups of steamed veggies.
- Lean Cuisine Spa Cuisine with whole grains
- Amy’s Kitchen line:
- Amy’s Shepards Pie or Tomale Pie: Have a mixed green salad and some sliced chicken on top.
- Amy’s Kitchen light in sodium line: Try the lasagna or the rice and veggie bowl.
- Amy’s Kitchen tofu scramble in a pocket sandwich: Add a mixed green salad to make it more filling.
Leave a comment